Thursday, March 17, 2011

Apricot Chicken


***This recipe was found in "Simple & Delicious" magazine, submitted by Vicki Ruiz of Twin Falls, Idaho***

1/2 C apricot preserves
2 T soy sauce
1 T chicken broth OR sherry
1 T vegetable oil
1 T cornstarch
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 C salted cashews
Hot cooked rice

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.

Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice.

Yield: 4 servings


I was a little surprised to see that this recipe suggested everything be cooked in the microwave. I guess I should have guessed it since "Simple and Delicious" really DOES have simple recipes that are good. It was kind of funny to pull everything out of the fridge and say to my husband, "Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes!" He didn't believe me, but, alas, it was! I made "instant rice" instead of my favorite basmati which made this a SUPER quick and easy recipe. My family liked it a lot!

Family Chef's Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment