Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicken and Artichoke Pasta

***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Laurel Johnson of Sterling Heights, MI***

Prep/Total time: 30 minutes

4 cups uncooked bow-tie pasta
1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 T. olive oil
1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 C chopped green onions
2 T. white wine or chicken broth
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp cold water
1 T. thinly sliced fresh basil OR 1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 C shaved parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 T. oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosed browned bits from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, salt and chicken. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture on top and cheese.
Yield: 5 servings

I will try ANY recipe that has artichokes in it, I'm just telling you right now. I love love love them! My husband helped me make this one and the whole time, we were both commenting on how yummy it smelled. I doubled the recipe because I knew that my hubby would like to eat it without the pasta. With or without it, we both gave this recipe the same grade. It was good but not GREAT in our opinion. It was also really easy. I used dried basil and it really did add something to it in the end. I also didn't care for the left-overs when I heated them up today, which was funny because I normally love left-overs. Maybe it was just my mood??

Family Chef's Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment