Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms

***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Sandi Vanthoff of Henderson, NV***

Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Yield: 1-1/2 dozen

2 cans (14 oz. each) artichoke bottoms, drained
2 pkg. (one 8 oz., one 3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. minced chives
1 tsp. minced fresh oregano OR 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese

Cut a thin slice from bottoms of artichokes to level, if necessary. Place in a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, chives, and oregano. Spoon into artichokes; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350* for 22-26 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.


I didn't make this for any special occasion but I did make it when I knew more than just my husband and I would be around to eat these. (My kids aren't big on artichokes or cream cheese.) I used fat free cream cheese to lessen the guilt-factor and just knowing that part of this is fat free made it taste so good! I love anything with artichoke and found canned bottoms at only one store near my house (after looking at three others). Note to cook: you'll probably find the artichoke bottoms at a higher-end grocery store. My husband commented that this is a fancy enough appetizer that you'd find it at a real restaurant, and I commented that they're so easy to make, I'll be making them all the time now! Gotta love something so easy, so yummy and so artichoke-y!

Family Chef's Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment