Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Loaded Baked Potato Soup (in the crockpot)

6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large onion, diced
1 quart chicken broth
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar

Optional toppings: chives, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, etc.

Combine potatoes, onion, broth, garlic, butter, salt and pepper in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Potatoes should be tender, so before serving, coarsely mash potatoes so soup is slightly thickened. Stir in cream and shredded cheddar. Garnish with toppings.


Tuesdays have been "crockpot days" in our house, due to evening lessons for the kids that get us home almost right before bed. So, I've been checking out a new website called "The Crockin' Girls" to get some new ideas for recipes to try. This is one of their recipes and it gets an A from my husband, myself and my one-year old. (My older two aren't soup eaters.) I did not add any garlic (because I forgot to buy some) and I was too lazy to grate the cheddar block I had, so I used an already-shredded four-cheese blend. I will also say that the optional toppings really add something so go ahead and get some bacon. I always have on hand the frozen kind (that cooks in the microwave) so everything about this recipe was extremely easy. (I even mashed it IN the crockpot!!)

Family Chef's Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment