Monday, December 19, 2011

Sauces & Marinades

I've been gone for awhile but now I'm back! I can't promise that I'll post every day but I've got a stack of recipes ready to share so I'm going to do my best. :)

As a "getting back in the groove of things" kind of thing, I thought I'd post a list of a few sauces and marinades that I turn to when I'm in a hurry. These are my favorites and I'm certainly devulging some of my secrets by sharing this with you. :)

* Kalbi Sauce & Marinade by Kowalski's Market

Kowalski's is a local high-end grocery store that I love. They have a newly packaged marinade/sauce that has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Kalbi is like a teriyaki but not quite as sweet. I love to marinate pork in it (get a tenderloin and grill it after it marinates all day---so great!) and we ALWAYS have extra for dipping. Yum!

* Potlatch Seasoning by Williams-Sonoma

On the tin of this seasoning, they say you can put it on any kind of meat. My favorite is putting this on salmon. It's a tad spicy but my whole family enjoys it. You don't need too much of it and one tin will last for quite awhile. If I'm in a hurry, I put a salmon fillet in a greased baking dish/pan, brush with olive oil and sprinkle the potlatch over the whole fillet. Cook at 375* for about 15 minutes (depending on size of the fillet). Quick, easy and delicious!!

* Thai Peanut Sauce by Leann Chin

This is the best peanut sauce I've tasted and it's SPICY!! (Yum!) I use this sauce for dipping with my Pork Satay skewers and my sister-in-law tosses this sauce with linguine and vegetables for a spicy noodle dinner. I think it's good any way you put it and will certainly add a little kick to whatever you're making.

* Any Italian Dressing

Okay, this is a little vague but this is a staple to have in your kitchen. You can marinate chicken in it or do my favorite: marinate fresh shrimp all day and grill them on skewers. If we're feeling like celebrating, I'll get the super-large prawns and marinate overnight for a delicious taste. Be sure to brush some on when you're grilling, too, to add even more flavor!

* Vidalia Onion Dressing

A relative recently told me that this is great when you marinate chicken in it. I found a Kraft version---Vidalia Onion with Roasted Red Pepper---and can't wait to try it. To tell you the truth, I just put some in a baggie to marinate some chicken breasts for dinner tonight and it smells amazing already!!

Well, these are just a few of my favorites. I'm sure I'll post again with even more once I look through my kitchen and make a list of sauces I can't live without! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment