Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chipotle-Sparked Mustard Salmon

***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Helen Conwell of Fairhope, AL***

Prep/Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

6 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tsp. minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 tsp snipped fresh dill

Family Chef's substitution: I could find the chipotle pepper they referred to, so I used a ground chipotle pepper that I already had in my cupboard.

Place salmon in a foil-lined baking pan. Combine the mayo, horseradish, mustard, lemon-pepper and the chipotle pepper. Spread over fillets.

Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with dill.


Salmon is salmon in my opinion but the glaze on this was FABULOUS! It was just spicy enough to add a kick and also lots of flavor. My husband is a big horseradish fan so he loved it as well. I'll be trying this topping on more kinds of fish soon, too!!

Family Chef's Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment