Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crispy Crusted Red Snapper



***This recipe was found on Cuisine at Home (.com)***

1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cups leeks, thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 T. garlic
4 red snapper fillets (6 oz. each), boned and skinned
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup crushed potato chips
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 T. butter, melted

Preheat over to 450*.

Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a greased baking sheet.

Arrange fillets on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper to taste.

Combine crumbs and next four ingredients; toss with melted butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly over each fillet, pressing into the fish. Bake 20 minutes, or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.

Yield: 4 servings


Okay, I have a confession to make: I make this recipe ALL THE TIME....but have never baked red snapper in my life. My secret is that I use this recipe to bake WALLEYE!! The recipe says that you can substitute red snapper with flounder or tilapia. The first time I was going to make this, I couldn't find red snapper anywhere and have had bad luck with tilapia in the past. My family will eat walleye likes it's going out of style, however, so I tried it with them and it was a hit! My husband and I love leeks now (all because of this recipe) and my kids even eat the crispy crust of this fish without one complaint---which makes my life easier!

Family Chef's Grade: A+

1 comment:

  1. I make this dish with all kinds of fish. I use cod a lot. I have even made this recipe with chicken. Anything is good with parm and crushed potato chips! Makes a really moist fish!

    ReplyDelete