Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Swiss Broccoli Bake



***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Elaine Grimme of Sioux Falls, SD***

3 pkg. (16-oz each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
2-1/2 cups (10 oz) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk

In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soups, 2 cups of the cheese, and evaporated milk. Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings


I'm on the search for some delicious veggie side dishes since I always make the "same old, boring thing". This had all the potential to be amazing, but both my husband and I agree that, while it was good, it was missing a little something. I think I'll make this again and play around with it since my daughter actually ate most of what I put on her plate.

Family Chef's Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment