Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken


***This recipe was found in Taste of Home Magazine, submitted by Richard Gallop of Pueblo, CO***

Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 45 minutes

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1-1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
6 chicken drumsticks
6 bone-in chicken thighs

For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving. Place chicken in a greased baking pan; brush with remaining sauce.

Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180* and chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Warm reserved sauce; serve with chicken.

Yield: 6 servings


First off, check out this beautiful array of spices:



These were all the dry ingredients for the honey mustard sauce and it was an amazing combination! Like most of the recipes I've been posting, this one was so easy!! My kids love eating chicken drumsticks and this was the first time I baked them myself. As far as finger-food goes, these were a little messy. I also didn't like how thick the skin was on the chicken I used and my husband complained that the flavor didn't really soak into the chicken (even though there was extra sauce to pour on it), so next time I do this, I will use regular boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Family Chef's Grade: Sauce = A+ Recipe w/chicken = C

1 comment:

  1. I am getting a mental picture of you taking a picture of a bowl of spices! I really am picturing you standing in your kitchen taking pictures of spices! How cute and what a mom.

    ReplyDelete