Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Katie Lee's Meatloaf

Mix in pan over medium heat:

1 T. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
2 T. parsley
1 garlic clove
1 bayleaf
2 tsp. thyme

In a bowl, combine:

2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 C bread crumbs
1 T. worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper
2 T. ketchup
2 large eggs

Add ingredients from pan to bowl mixture. Mix with hands. Make into a loaf shape on a greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350*. Let sit for 5 minutes.

I watched Katie Lee make this recipe on Oprah about three years ago and have fallen in love with it since. My family loves this and the kids love to help. I've always loved my mom's meatloaf recipe but was glad to find one of "my own" with some vegetable influence in it, as well. I make this so often that I no longer measure a thing when I do it. Also, if you have kids, a general fun trick for any meatloaf is to bake it in a cupcake pan so you end up with individual cupcake-sized meatloaves. Fun for kids and yummy, too!!

Family Chef's Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment