Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Salsa Chicken

Cooking Time: 6 hours
Yield: 4 servings

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 C. salsa
1 packet taco seasoning (or about 1 T. of homemade seasoning)
1 C. sour cream

Place chicken, soup, and salsa in crock pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top. Cook on low for 6 hours. Take chicken out of crock pot, shred and put back. Add sour cream and cook just until heated through. When serving, top with cilantro, black beans, extra sour cream, or whatever you like.


First off, one cup of sour cream is a bit much for me, so I add about half that. I also have tried this with cream of mushroom soup and it tastes just as great. I've been using my Mix 'n' Chop tool a lot lately and have found that I can just use that to break up the chicken, without even taking the chicken out of the crock pot. SO EASY!! I like to eat this over rice, which is how the original recipe recommends serving this. My husband took this one step further and puts it in a tortilla, like an enchilada. Oh, the possibilities!!

Family Chef's Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment