Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best Broccoli

I found this recipe on Pintrest awhile back and ever since, I have not made broccoli any other way.  In fact, we have broccoli AT LEAST once a week now because of this delicious recipe!!

-Take 4-5 pounds of broccoli (I use two bags of the pre-cut, pre-washed) and toss in about 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
-Place on a foil-lined pan (I also spray the foil with cooking spray).
-Shake about 1-1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 4 minced garlic cloves over the broccoli.  (For this recipe, I actually don't use fresh garlic.  I use the dry minced garlic from the spice rack and I use about 1/2 tsp.)
-Roast the broccoli in the oven at 425* for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli is crispy.  Some parts of the broccoli will be browned.  (I like to stir it up a bit halfway through the cooking time to get it even.)
-When you pull it out of the oven, toss the cooked broccoli with about 1-1/2 olive oil (don't saturate it!!), 1 tablespoon lemon juice and about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. 

I love love love this crispy broccoli so much that I cook mine for a little bit longer than the recipe calls for.  I also have tried asparagus like this now, too, and that was super good as well.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment