Monday, May 14, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken with Stuffing

I found this recipe awhile ago on allrecipes.com and just so happened to have all of the ingredients...

I took a really neat picture of the ingredients sitting next to my crock pot, but of course I can't find it now, so I apologize for the lack of picture!! 

I cannot express to you how very very easy this recipe is.  Just take a pound of chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot.  Pour a can of (condensed) cream of chicken soup over the chicken.  In a bowl, mix 1-1/4 cups water, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 (6 ounce) package of corn bread stuffing.  Pour stuffing mixture over the chicken and the soup and cook on low for about 4 hours (or until chicken is cooked through).

Instead of corn bread stuffing, I used a box of regular Stove Top chicken flavored stuffing and it turned out wonderfully.  The chicken wasn't anything super special but the stuffing really made this great.  My kids will eat chicken without complaining so I knew that would be okay with them, and they ended up loving the stuffing so much that it was gone in a flash.  The comments on this recipe stated that sometimes the "inventor" of the recipe puts two cans of soup in.  I think I'd try that next time with double the amount of stuffing, since that was the real hit in our house.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment