Thursday, May 3, 2012

Green Beans

The green beans that I made last night were VERY well-received by my family.  In fact, my 6-year old gave them an "A+++" grade and told me to make them "every night".  Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration on his part, but they were pretty darn delicious.

Here's the recipe, which I found in Taste of Home magazine a couple years ago.  (Recipe submitted by Lori Daniels of Beverly, WV.)

1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and steamed until crisp tender

In a saucepan, mix:
1/4 C butter
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp grated lemon peel

Mix until the butter is melted and toss with the steamed green beans.

You might be thinking, "I have all of these ingredients except for a lemon so I can skip the lemon peel part."  Don't you dare!  I am all about take the short-cut when it comes to...well, anything...but the lemon peel really adds something to this dish.  I even added more the 1/4 tsp.  It tasted great AND it was pretty.  If you don't have a zester from Pampered Chef yet, I suggest investing because it makes zesting citrus SO easy.  So, go ahead and buy that lemon because it will be worth it when you get compliments on the green beans later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment