Thursday, April 14, 2011

Potato-Crusted Snapper


***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Athena Russell of Florence, SC***

Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 C. mashed potato flakes
2 tsp. dried thyme
4 red snapper fillets (6 oz. each)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 C. olive oil

Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and thyme. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dip in eggs and coat with potato mixture.

In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil in batches over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.


Okay, so I finally cooked red snapper!! I found it at a higher-end grocery store near us, and I'm glad to know where to find it now. As I've said before, my family is a fish family. We love our walleye, we love our shrimp and salmon. Now, we love our red snapper, too! This was SO GOOD and so crispy. I know that the picture above is kind of funny since I just took a picture of ALL the fish that I fried, but believe me when I say that there were no leftovers to be had. We all ate this up so quickly that I'll probably have to make an extra fillet or two the next time I make this.

Family Chef's Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment