Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rosemary Mushroom Chicken


***This recipe was found in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Genny Monchamp of Redding, CA***

Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 7 hours
Yield: 6 servings

6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
2 C. sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cans (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 C. white wine or chicken broth
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. pepper
Hot cooked egg noodles, optional

Place chicken in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with mushrooms. Combine the soup, wine, garlic salt, rosemary, paprika and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles, if desired.


I used a mild sauvignon blanc for the wine portion of this recipe. It was quick and easy to throw in the crock pot in the morning and I let it cook for 7 hours. HOWEVER, the meat was completely falling off the bone (almost too done in this case) so next time I am only going to let it cook for 6 hours. Also, my family of four devoured all six leg quarters. Since the package I bought came with eight, I think I'll make all eight next time. Very yummy and convenient dish!!

Family Chef's Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment